Jakarta will soon see the operation of the long-awaited railway connecting Manggarai Station in Central Jakarta to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo said on Monday, with the last 12 kilometers of track expected to be completed in early 2017.
Jokowi said the government had invested Rp. 2.5 trillion (US$177.4 million) in the project, which started in 2015. “This is a solution for the chronic city-to-airport traffic congestion,” Jokowi said when inspecting the 30-km railway project.
Incoming search terms:
- Thailand Plans to Extend Bangkok-Nakhon Ratchasima Railway Line - December 8, 2016
- First X’Trapolis Mega Successfully Handed over - December 7, 2016
- Alstom Starts Delivery of Regional Trains to Skånetrafiken - December 7, 2016
- Lucknow Metro to Open on March 26 for Commercial Run - December 7, 2016
- Alstom Delivers First Lucknow Metro Trainset - December 6, 2016