Skanska has signed a contract with the Swedish Transport Administration to expand a section of the freight line Hallsberg-Degerön in Sweden. The contract is worth SEK 398 M, which is included in order bookings for Skanska Sweden for the fourth quarter of 2014.
The route is currently a single-track railway with low capacity. Through the expansion to double-track the capacity is increased which relieves the main tracks from freight traffic. The project is a turnkey contract covering 13 kilometers double-track railway, seven bridges and about 9 kilometers of roads and noise reducing measures.
Project planning will commence immediately and the project is expected to be completed in October 2019.
The construction of the double-track railway line will employ 120 people in total.
Skanska Sweden is one of Sweden’s largest construction companies, with operations in building and civil-engineering construction. The business unit has approximately 11,000 employees and revenue in 2013 amounted to approximately SEK 30 billion. In Sweden, Skanska is also active in the development of residential construction and commercial premises.
Source : Skanska
- Thailand Plans to Extend Bangkok-Nakhon Ratchasima Railway Line - December 8, 2016
- First X’Trapolis Mega Successfully Handed over - December 7, 2016
- Alstom Starts Delivery of Regional Trains to Skånetrafiken - December 7, 2016
- Lucknow Metro to Open on March 26 for Commercial Run - December 7, 2016
- Alstom Delivers First Lucknow Metro Trainset - December 6, 2016