The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) awarded TALGO, Inc., a project to overhaul critical systems and subsystems to 74 vehicles assigned to the Red Line that will be operated in a married pair configuration. The award consists of a base order of 38 vehicles with an option to add 36 more, for a total value of $72.9 million. The work will be delivered over a period of 56 months.
TALGO will replace vital systems and components and update relevant technology to ensure the continued safety, reliability, availability, and maintainability of the Red Line fleet for full revenue service and maintain the fleet’s State of Good Repair.
TALGO has been working, for over a year, with suppliers that have a proven track record in delivering propulsion, brake, communication, signaling and other components required by LACMTA. The work will be performed in Milwaukee, Wis. and Los Angeles, Calif..
Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett said.
“TALGO is excited to have this opportunity to show Metro how our extensive overhaul experience will improve the performance of the vehicles servicing metro network in Los Angeles” said Antonio Perez, CEO and President of TALGO USA.
“The City of Milwaukee is very pleased TALGO is growing its operation in our city. I have seen the high quality rail car work the company has undertaken here, and I am confident this new work will meet the highest expectations,”
- Thailand Plans to Extend Bangkok-Nakhon Ratchasima Railway Line - December 8, 2016
- First X’Trapolis Mega Successfully Handed over - December 7, 2016
- Alstom Starts Delivery of Regional Trains to Skånetrafiken - December 7, 2016
- Lucknow Metro to Open on March 26 for Commercial Run - December 7, 2016
- Alstom Delivers First Lucknow Metro Trainset - December 6, 2016