One of the MoUs signed with manufacturer China Railway Rolling Stock (CRRC), was to confirm continuation of the parties’ cooperation to establish and optimise a maintenance system for high-speed multiple units.
The agreement was also signed for the provision of mutual support in remedying operating problems related to wheel-on-rail contact. CRRC uses a fleet of 1,400 trains to operate a 19,000km high-speed network. The company will receive maintenance and repair support from DB for its operations.
Deutsche Bahn’s management board;TEXT chairman and CEO Dr Rüdiger Grube said: “The People’s Republic of China is an important market for us and will remain so in future.
“In view of the plans to invest more than €300bn in transport infrastructure, we wish to benefit from the growth and potential in China.”
Under the second agreement, DB Engineering & Consulting will work on a regional transport project in China as part of a consortium. The company has a consultancy contract for the operation of regional transport routes in Dalian. Deutsche Bahn was also involved in the construction of Metro Shanghai project, which includes the development of the high-speed network and the Transrapid in Shanghai.
Incoming search terms:
- Thailand Plans to Extend Bangkok-Nakhon Ratchasima Railway Line - December 8, 2016
- First X’Trapolis Mega Successfully Handed over - December 7, 2016
- Alstom Starts Delivery of Regional Trains to Skånetrafiken - December 7, 2016
- Lucknow Metro to Open on March 26 for Commercial Run - December 7, 2016
- Alstom Delivers First Lucknow Metro Trainset - December 6, 2016