According to Bloomberg website; testing of an electrified railway from Ethiopia’s capital Addis Ababa along its main trade route to Djibouti’s port will begin in October, according to Ethiopian Railways Corp.
The state-owned enterprise will soon tender for a management contract for the 656-kilometer (410-mile) link that should be fully operational by the end of the year, spokesman Dereje Teferra said by phone from Addis Ababa on Monday.
Diesel locomotives can be used on the track that was finished last week while power lines are installed, he said. The line was mostly funded by about $3 billion credit from the Export-Import Bank of China and built by China Civil Engineering Construction Corp. and China Railway Group Ltd.
Source : Bloomberg
- Thailand Plans to Extend Bangkok-Nakhon Ratchasima Railway Line - December 8, 2016
- First X’Trapolis Mega Successfully Handed over - December 7, 2016
- Alstom Starts Delivery of Regional Trains to Skånetrafiken - December 7, 2016
- Lucknow Metro to Open on March 26 for Commercial Run - December 7, 2016
- Alstom Delivers First Lucknow Metro Trainset - December 6, 2016