Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn on Wednesday laid the cornerstone for a major railway project linking the country’s Tigray and Amhara states.
Built by the China Communication Company, the 260km electrified railway will be constructed with an outlay of $1.5 billion over 42 months.
Desalegn said the railway, which will stretch to the southeast as far as Tajura in Djibouti, will further enhance the integration of Horn of Africa states.
“The project is very significant both socially and economically,” he said.
- Thailand Plans to Extend Bangkok-Nakhon Ratchasima Railway Line - December 8, 2016
- First X’Trapolis Mega Successfully Handed over - December 7, 2016
- Alstom Starts Delivery of Regional Trains to Skånetrafiken - December 7, 2016
- Lucknow Metro to Open on March 26 for Commercial Run - December 7, 2016
- Alstom Delivers First Lucknow Metro Trainset - December 6, 2016