CJSC Azerbaijan Railways (ADY) has started to buy diesel-electric locomotive locomotives of General Electric Transportation, assembled in Kazakhstan.
ADY chairman Javid Gurbanov has stated that Azerbaijani Railways will acquire 10 freight locomotives from JSC Kazakhstan Temir Zholy. “The relevant contract will be signed in Baku today. We’ll purchase locomotives produced by Kazakhstan jointly with the U.S.,” Gurbanov emphasized.
The first such locomotive has arrived in Baku today along with a container train from China. Kazakhstan-based plant JSC “Locomotive Kurastiru Zauiti” is assembling a diesel locomotive with asynchronous traction drive TE33A (Evolution ES44ACi) developed by GE.
ADY signed a contract with France’s Alstom for supply of 50 locomotives for freight trains to be used on Baku-Tbilisi-Kars rail line cost nearly 300 million euro or just less than 6 million euro a locomotive for the Azerbaijani side.
Then Alstom’s senior vice president for Russia and & CIS countries Martin Vožur said that the first cargo locomotive should be delivered to Baku in 2016.
Source : ABC.AZ
- Thailand Plans to Extend Bangkok-Nakhon Ratchasima Railway Line - December 8, 2016
- First X’Trapolis Mega Successfully Handed over - December 7, 2016
- Alstom Starts Delivery of Regional Trains to Skånetrafiken - December 7, 2016
- Lucknow Metro to Open on March 26 for Commercial Run - December 7, 2016
- Alstom Delivers First Lucknow Metro Trainset - December 6, 2016